- Microcab is now working with Horizon Fuel Cell Technologies
- Daniel Calleja, EU Director General for SMEs, visits Microcab
- Microcab wins Coventry Telegraph business of the month
- The Microcab H2EV made its first public outing at Low Carbon Vehicle 2011, Rockingham Speedway, Northants, 7-8 September 2011.
- Microcab attended the opening of the UK’s first commercial hydrogen filling station at Honda, Swindon, 20 September 2011.
- Microcab announced the opening of its new factory unit in Coventry, on 1 December 2010.
- On the same day, despite the icy weather, the new award-winning Air Products Series 100 hydrogen fuelling station was also opened Coventry University’s TechnoCentre. Read December’s newsletter
- Microcabs battled on at the University of Birmingham through coldest winter in many years.
- Microcab was on show at the Hydrogen & Fuel Cells Transport Conference, City Hall, London, 18 March 2009.
- Eight new low carbon vehicle projects to benefit from a share of £25m of Government funding. Coventry & Birmingham Low Emissions Demonstrator (CABLED) Project. Click here to see the Birmingham pictures.
- Royal Mail & Microcab – working together for a hydrogen future. Read more …
- The UK’s first hydrogen fuelling station was opened on 17 April 2008 at the University of Birmingham.
- The fleet of five Microcabs was successfully delivered to the University of Birmingham and they made their first group appearance in July. Read more >>
- Microcab exhibited at the UK National Low Carbon Vehicle Event, held at Millbrook Proving Ground in October. Read more >>
- Dr Bruno G Pollet of The University of Birmingham Fuel Cells group receiving the Oxygen Award in the category for “Technology and Innovation: Sustainable Transport” on behalf of the Fuel Cells group and Microcab. In a strong category, competing against Volvo, Primagaz, Hondo and Scania, the Microcab achieved second place.For more information, go to The Fuel Cells Group or have a look at the video.
- June saw the Revolve Eco Car Rally in Trafalgar Square and Microcab was presented to HRH Prince Charles at Hampton Court Palace, London. See the photos.
- Microcab exhibited at the Grove Fuel Cell Symposium.
- H4 exhibited at 40 years of Innovation, Warwick University.
- H4 displayed at the Coventry University Design Institute open day.
- Microcab recieved runners up in Lloyds TSB EAST Green Investment Awards.
- Microcab took part in the Eco Event at Victoria Square, Birmingham.
- First outing of the H4, all new design with fuel cell electric drive. Shown alongside the fuel cell London bus at Grove 2005.
- Lord Saisnbury visited Microcab at Coventry University’s TechnoCentre. See the pictures.
- H3 exhibited at Grove Fuel Cell Symposium.
- At the Guildhall, London to celebrate 50 years of the Smokeless Zone.
- Microcab was shown at the United Nations 2nd World Urban Forum, Barcelona.
- Nominated for the Lord Stafford Awards.
- Hydrogen fuel cell electric version based on the design of the battery electric version, by now called the H3. Won DTI Smart Award.
- The first prototype was reworked with a new, lighter, moulded carbon sub-frame, and a single motor geared up and driven through a differential shaft.
- 2000 : Outside the Tate Britain, London. Modified vehicle from 1999 version.
- 1999 : Interlaken, Switzerland for the European Velomobile Symposium – the first full size working prototype. Battery electric with pedal assist.
- 1998 : >The earliest physical model (1/4 scale) on show at the Oxo Tower, South Bank, London. It was intended to be a pedal/electric hybrid.